Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 On-Premises for New Customers will no longer be available.
This announcement serves as notification that effective April 1, 2019, Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 on-premises will no longer be available for new customers.
New customers have the following purchase options:
• Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises via DPL
• Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud via Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP)
Existing Dynamics NAV 2018 customers may continue to purchase additional Dynamics NAV 2018 licenses as needed.
Impacted Channel: Dynamics Price List (DPL)
Impacted Products: Dynamics NAV 2018
Impacted Customers: New
Impacted Countries: Worldwide
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How does this change impact existing Dynamics NAV customers?
a. Existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 customers may continue to purchase additional licenses from the Dynamics NAV 2018 price list.
b. Existing Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 customers may continue to purchase additional licenses from the Dynamics NAV 2009 price list.
2. Is the Dynamics NAV SKU structure changing?
Yes, effective October 1, 2018, there will be updates to Dynamics NAV 2018 Dynamics Price List, the Dynamics NAV 2009 Dynamics Price List and the Dynamics Perpetual Upgrade Policy.
a. Discontinuation of the following Current SKUs
b. Introduction of the following New SKUs with revised upgrade rights
3. Can Dynamics NAV 2009 customers transition to Dynamics NAV 2018 after April 1, 2019?
As of April 1, 2019, Dynamics NAV 2009 customers will no longer be able to upgrade/transition to Dynamics NAV 2018.
4. Can Dynamics NAV 2009 customers transition directly to Dynamics Business Central on-premises?
As of October 1, 2018, Dynamics NAV 2009 and Dynamics NAV 2018 customers who are current on their Enhancement Plan can upgrade/transition directly to Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises.
5. How do I request a transition to Microsoft Dynamics 365 business Central on-premises for my Dynamics NAV customers?
For the following customer type, partners can process transition orders online via Order Central:
• NAV 2018 Perpetual Customers (without an Extended Pack)
For the following customer types, partners will need to submit a transition order request to their local Regional Operations Center:
• NAV 2009 Modular Based Licensing (MBL)
• NAV 2009 Business Ready Licensing (BRL)
• NAV 2018 Perpetual customers (with an Extended Pack)
6. Can new customers purchase from the Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises and downgrade to NAV 2018?
Downgrades from Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises are not permitted.